Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chapter 9. I Think... I'm A Wiseass

I didn't know what my "okay" really meant before I was sitting on a luxurious business class seat with flight attendants bringing me every existing drink from Martinis to English tea. I took a deep breath and thought about everything that had happened during last four hours. When I had told the girls I would be leaving them for awhile I had actually felt a lump in my throat. They all hugged me and especially Filippa gave me meaningful looks. And I had meaningfully tried to made her stop since Sidney was just couple feet away and most likely had seen her winks and other ridiculous gestures. Oh Fippa. I was going to miss that little nut case. After a goodbye we drove to the airport and from the airline counter he bought an extra ticket for me telling me to shut up when I almost whined about the price.

So now I was sitting in a very very very fine plane seat with two designer blankets around me. The other one was Sidney's, which he had offered me since one couldn't do the trick of warming me up. I'm always cold. One more ridiculous feature about me since I come from a country where winter lasts 20 months per every year, as I put it when someone (stupid) says that she loves Finnish winter. Ḯ'm a summer person. Unfortunately.

"Maybe you should order something hot to drink." Sidney suggested. I was holding a class of coke with ice on my hands.

"It's alright now. I'm getting warmer. Besides I need my daily coke."

"How's your leg?"

"I think I still have it with me." I smiled. He chuckled. He seemed to be in very good mood.

"I have a game tomorrow but my whole morning is free. I canceled all interviews before the game so..."

"Oh no! You shouldn't have!" I panic-ed.

"Oh come on Nets. Of course I did. If I have a close friend or a family member visiting I always do that."

"Yeah but I could've survived without a babysitter for couple hours." I insisted.

"Well... I wanted to babysit you and I don't do it for the money. I actually like kids."

"Haha! That's very funny." I snorted.

"I am a very funny guy." He said with a straight face. He was, but there was no way I was going to admit that now.

"But as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me, tomorrow morning we could do something fun together."

"Fun is a limited word right now for me."

"I know. Fun means some activity without any use of female left leg."

"I know! We can hop on one leg! What a great idea."

"Wiseass." He laughed.

"I am extremely wise and, as I've heard, I have a pretty great ass too." I shouldn't have joked like that because what Sidney was about to say next got me cheeks turn into a very dark shade of red.

"I'm not sure about the wise part but yes, your ass is pretty fine." He laughed at my respond. And for a second I thought he was Filippa trapped in a man's body (very fine body) since that teasing look he gave me was quite familiar.

"Oh Netta. What's wrong? You look... I don't know... blushed."
I rolled my eyes. It didn't seem to work the way I wanted because he just continued on this butt matter.

"I did notice it in Central Park. That thief, you remember? I had a perfect view when I was following you with Jordan." His smirked.

"Shut up!" I hissed. That's when I notice how people around us were now quite aware of us. Well mainly about the Golden boy, as I teased him on the phone sometimes.

"People are looking at us." I whispered trying to make him stop.

"They are?" He looked around and nodded to people who, in my opinion, could've just minded their own business.

"But seriously it's just one great feature. But trust me babe, it's a great feature." he whispered to ear.

Damn Sidney! I blushed again and he was enjoying himself.

"If you don't stop that right now, I'm never going to speak to you again."

He just smirked. Annoying gorgeous a**hole.

1 comment: