Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chapter 4. I Think.... Reebok Is a Great Brand

First show in LA was over and curtains were finally closed. As I was heading to our dressing room Vicky gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses.

“These came for you. There’s a card.” she explained.

I took the flowers surprised and smelled them. I guess that’s just something you have to do when someone gives you flowers. I saw a small white envelope and there was a piece of paper.


I hope you had a great show.
You’re on my mind.
A knight in a shining armor

“So… Who sent them?” Vicky asked with a teasing smile.

As if she didn’t know. Everyone in the company knew. Filippa had made sure of it right after the night we spend with them in New York.

“There is no name.” I was not going to admit that Mr. S. Crosby had sent me flowers. Vicky rolled her eyes.


After this, I got flowers from him after every show. It became a pattern and for my embarrassment all I could here was the company teasing me.

“Sköna blommor,” (Swedish: beautiful flowers)
“Sä sait kivoja kukkia,” (Finnish: Someone sent you nice flowers)

They did it on purpose knowing how embarrassed I was. Vicky and Filippa were the worst. They had “accidently” (as they put it) highlighted the dates from my calendar when we were suppose to be performing in the same city as where the pens were playing. I was surprised how much effort they put into this teasing thing, since Filippa knew nothing about hockey and Vicky absolutely loathed it. Her ex was huge hockey fan. He had turned out to be a major a**hole, and now she hated everything he liked. So knowing all this, made me wonder why on earth they would spend time on the internet finding game schedules and buying me a Reebok shirt.

“This is a great brand” they said when they had found out Reebok was Sidney’s sponsor.

I didn’t even have his number or email since I washed my hand with extra strong soap and even used some nail polish remover. So there was no way I could ask him to stop sending flowers. Filippa and Vicky would be pleased.

Don’t get me wrong. I was really flattered. Someone like him would send me flowers, lots of flowers. But knowing that he meant nothing serious, made me feel uncomfortable. It wasn’t a romantic gesture. He was just having fun. I was sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment