Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chapter 21. I Think... I Like Cheesy Lines

Happy new year 2011! I think it's time for a new chapter and I hope you'll enjoy it. I wish you would write a comment. It gives me extra motivation to write and sadly I haven't got any comments for a long time. So let me know what you think and your ideas would also be appreciated...



Me leaving again was a pleasant surprise for Kayley because she wanted someone else to be the new family member, because according to her it was a hard job especially because of my mom and her very very very enthusiastic sisters. But rest of the family wasn't that excited. They even tried to make me change my mind, which was pretty hopeless since I would never change my mind. I missed him so much and i needed to be with him. Even at the airport Niklas asked me to think this trough once again.

"Think about it Netta. You just had a surgery. Besides you just came back." He pleaded. I didn't think he was worried about my knee. Instead he wasn't happy knowing I was leaving because a guy.

"I love you all, but you guys really are pain in the ass." I moaned. "I have a free ticket and I'm not going to just throw it away."

Niklas threw his hands in the air as a surrender. It was useless, he knew that. He had seen how everything in my changed when I even talked about Sidney. He gave me a hug and whispered in my ear to be careful.

"Kay, try to keep my brother out of trouble." I said and she just rolled her eyes.

"I'll do my best."

Sooner than I realized I was sitting on a plane seat, business class naturally, and fastening my seat belt. I was going to see him. I was going to be with him. A wave of happiness washed over me.

The flight went smoothly. But my feelings weren't so smooth. The closer we got to JFK I got more nervous. We haven't seen each other for many weeks. I couldn't sit still, I had to move my feet all the time and I started to bite my finger nails, which is funny because I've never done it earlier. Why was I so nervous. He wanted me to come... Right? Yes! He had even bought the ticket. So he DID want me there. Oh man, I think I'm having a panic attack and I have no idea why. I tried to concentrate on breathing but when there was only 15 minutes left before landing even as simple thing as that turned into something very difficult. Even the old lady next to me started to get worried,

"Miss, are you alright?" She asked and stared at me.

"Um... I'm fine." I whispered but it didn't sound really reassuring.

"You don't look fine, dear." She continued. I was not going to tell her how pathetic I was so I had to lie.

"I'm a little scared of flying." I finally came up with a reasonable explanation. She believed me.

"Oh dear. Everything's going to be just fine. Here, give me your hand. We're almost there." And rest of the flight I was holding her hand as she tried to calm me down.

JFK was busy as always and it took ages to get my bags, but when I finally got them on my trolley I remembered that Sidney hadn't told me anything else about my trip. Like what was going to happen next. Was he waiting for me here or was I suppose to go to Pittsburgh on my own? I got my answer the minute I walked into the arrival hall. He was standing there with a huge grin on his face.

"Hey beautiful!" he greeted and gave me a bear hug. He didn't even give me chance to say anything before placing his lips on mine. The kiss was like marijuana. I didn̈́'t want him to stop. But unfortunately he did stop. He had to crab me hard so I wouldn't fall down. He literally swept me off my feat.

"I missed you." I whispered suddenly feeling overwhelmed by him and his touch.

"And I missed you. Can't believe you're really here. I hope you're not too tired."

"I'm not." I lied. I was tired but it was not going to ruin anything.

"Good. I have plans." He sad with a mysterious grin. Then he took me outside and we took a cap. He told the driver to go to a certain address which I figured would be in midtown because of the street number. Other than that I had no idea where we were going. And naturally he refused to tell me. I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. If you have ever loved some one and been apart, you know how good it feels just to be near him and not say a word. It almost feels like speaking would ruin everything, like that magical moment would somehow disappear. Even our cap driver who was singing some Bollywood song couldn't take the magic away. Finally we were close because all the buildings started to rise high around us. I love New York, but right then I couldn't care less about the city. All I could think about was him. The cap parked in front of a building and I immediately recognized the place. It was the same hotel where we had met the second time when Filippa had taken me to a jazz concert held in the lobby.

"What are we doing here?" I asked after Sidney had payed the driver and taken my bags.

"We are staying here for the night and and in the morning we're flying to Pittsburgh." He told me as we walked into the lobby.

I almost choked when the receptionist told us that our suite was ready and we could take the elevator up.

"A suite?" I hissed under my breath as we entered the elevator.

"Yeah."

"A normal room would've been just fine." I laughed nervously.

"You're gonna love it." He just smiled.

And I did. It was huge and very beautiful. But most importantly there were roses and candles everywhere. I gulped. It was all very romantic. Too romantic. I started to panic. I was in a very expensive hotel suite filled with red roses and candles. So it must have meant that he wanted something from me. Something that we hadn't done before. And that something scared the hell out of me. I was hardly comfortable exposing myself emotionally so there was no way that I could let him get physically that close to me.

"Do you like it?" He asked and put my bags down. Luckily I was not facing him so he couldn't see my desperation.

"Yes." I answered but it sounded more like a question than an answer.

I heard him taking taking couple steps towards me but suddenly he stopped.

"Netta." He said softly. It took all my will power to say something.

"Wh-what?"

"Honey, you can relax." He said. I think he was a bit amused because of a tone of his voice. "I just wanted to surprise you. That's all." So he knew what I was thinking. Now I was embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed." He said. Damn, he could read my mind.

"I'm sorry. You must think I'm crazy. And I don't blame you, because I agree."

"You're not crazy but I'm crazy about you." He said. And I believed him, though that was probably one of the cheesiest lines I've ever heard.

3 comments: