Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chapter 15. I Think...It's Finally Time to Say Goodbye to Danny Boy

Hey!

I'm so happy to have a new follower! Thank you so much for your comment! I'd love to hear from you again. And if anyone has ideas or just comments, I'd be thrilled to read them. But now here's the new chapter:



My doctor had given me instruction how to exercise my injured leg without damaging the knee completely. Quad atrophy, as the doctor called it, might make it difficult for me to gain back the strength to my leg. That's why it was important to do the exercises regularly so the quadriceps muscle wouldn't start to weaken. Sidney was at the practice. His coach wasn't happy about last night's loss so he came up with extra morning practice to get the team back in shape. I was sitting on his bed and doing knee extensions with a phone book. It felt pretty ridiculous, since I was pretty flexible and now having my heel just couple inches above the bed was a huge accomplishment. After that I did 3 other types of exercises that for some reason were very exhausting for a professional dancer who could do really though routines night after night. After I had decided I had exercised enough I got up and for the first time in many days I started walking without crutches. I laughed at myself because it took forever for me to reach the stairs. The knee still hurt but it was normal, and the doctor had said that the best thing was to move it Little pain was ok but the doctor told me to take it easy, not to push too hard. I finally got downstairs in time to see how Sidney just parked his car. Judging by his body language he was in good mood. I was right. When he stepped in he smiled widely.

"Well, hello there." He said and came to give me a kiss. How weird is this! I can just kiss him.

"Hello to yourself. What's going on Mr sunshine?" Before he answered he crabbed me in his arms and carried me to kitchen. He lifted me on the counter.

"Okay. Now that I'm safely here in the kitchen, would you like to tell me why you're so smiley?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'm happy." He simply stated.

He looked genuinely happy, like a little kid on Christmas day.

"I'm happy your happy." I smiled.

"I'm happy that your happy," he mumbled into my ear and kissed my neck the way that I felt shivers go trough my body.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. I love your neck." he whispered. I giggled because his lips were tickling my skin.

"You have to stop! You're tickling me." I laughed and tried to push him away, but his hands tightened around me.


After we had eaten all the Chinese food we ordered we were just relaxing on his couch.

"Tell me everything I don't know about you," Sidney said.

"You don't have that much time. You have to leave in 45 minutes," I laughed.

"Tell me something. I've already told you about my family so now it's your turn."

"What do you want to know?" I asked. He looked like he was thinking really hard.

"I want to know your... favorite movie."

"My favorite movie... Schindler's List."

"Okay. Favorite singer slash band?"

"You know this. Nikka Costa."

"Your favorite food."

"You know this too. Thai food."

"You're first boyfriend?" I gave him a warning look.

"Jonas." I said. I was going to make sure that he had to dig really hard to get any information on this subject.

"Jonas?"

"Yeah Jonas." I smiled.

"So this Jonas dude, is he big. Can I beat him?" I can't believe it, but it seriously looked like he was seriously asking that. I had to tease him!

"I don't know, he is quite big." I giggled inside because he was getting a bit upset.

"But you have your team so that's an advantage, right. They can help you." I couldn't say it with a straight face.

"You're teasing me." He said and smiled.

"Oh yeah! Jonas was my "boyfriend" when we were 9 and only because I told him that if he wouldn't be my boyfriend my brothers would beat him up. So he had to be my boyfriend out of fear."

"Well tell me about your last boyfriend then." This was something I really didn't want to talk about. He was something I didn't want to talk about. It still hurt. But for some reason Sidney's eyes were so convincing that I just had to open my heart to him. I will always remember that moment.

"We met in high school. He was a year older than me. I fell for him hard and really fast. And I guess he did too. It was so ridiculous that even my parents said I couldn't see him anymore. He was like heroin to me. I was a straight "A" student but after I started being with him every second my grades weren't the only thing my parents were worried about. But when he graduated he started his studies in university and he really changed. Suddenly he was welcomed to my house and he even went fishing with my dad. And that's something just anyone won't get to do. Fishing is sacred for my dad. But anyways, I didn't see any faults in him. He was like this creature from heaven. I gave my heart to him and I was stupid enough to think he did the same. He was love of my life. Everything went just fine then. I missed him like crazy when he was away in uni but when he came home on holidays everything was amazing. He was so loving and caring. When I graduated I got a job in a dance school and the producers of Movemental spotted me then. They wanted me to go to Stockholm to audition. And of course I went. When I got back home I got one phone call and one text message. They called from Sweden that I had gotten the job and he texted me that it was time for him to start seeing other people, and that we both new that this high school love affair was just holding us down." I took a deep breath before continuing. I felt my heart once again aching. "I called him of course. He just said that I was a nice girl but nothing more to him. So that's how Daniel broke up with me." I was reliving that phone call in my mind, hearing his indifferent voice and my own sobbing.

"Netta." Sidney whispered. I looked at him and he probably saw the pain in my eyes.

"Yeah?" He took my hands and placed them on his chest then he crabbed my shoulders.

"I will never break your heart." I looked at him and tears started rolling again.

"Thank you. I don't think my heart could take another hit like that."

"Netta, I'm nothing like him. You can always trust me." He was really serious.

"I trust you." I said to him and for the first time I really believed that Daniel hadn't ruined my life completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment